The International Functional Fitness Federation (iF3) is a non-profit organization that serves as the international governing body for competitive functional fitness. Our goal is to increase safety and fairness in functional fitness competitions through the implementation of a standardized rulebook, clear movement standards, written safety guidelines for event organizers, training for judges, and increased competitive opportunities for athletes. We offer sanctioning for competitions who follow our rulebook, movement standards, and safety guidelines. We love functional fitness as a competitive sport and want to promote and grow this movement around the world.
The mission of the International Functional Fitness Federation is to promote and grow the competitive functional fitness worldwide. Specifically, we aim to:
- Display the highest level of professionalism at all times, including in the areas of athleticism, coaching, judging, and governance of the sport
- Grow competitive functional fitness in size through a grass roots method of sport development
- Ensure that all participating Nations are in full communication and working towards a co-ordinated program of development of the sport for the good of the sport
- Empower Nations and geographical areas to create Centers of Excellence for the development of the sport
- Enable coaches and athletes to focus solely on their craft and doing what they do best i.e. coaching and competing
The iF3 received its 501(c)(3) tax exemption in October 2016. The iF3 filed a 990-N Postcard for the 2016 tax year indicating gross receipts of less than $50,000. A search for Form 990-N filings by small exempt organizations is provided on the IRS website here.